PDA

View Full Version : Green mainlines

BRL
03-17-2010, 09:18 AM
Is there such a thing? I know they make 5/16" stuff but can you get in the larger dia. If so where?

ennismaple
03-17-2010, 09:54 AM
We've got a bunch of green mainline but I can't recall where it came from. Next time I'm in the bush I'll see if I can read the lettering, if it's still visible.

BRL
03-17-2010, 12:06 PM
Thank You ennismaple. The reason we need the green lines are because my buddy that I sugar with's father has given him the go ahead to tap his 500 acres. But he cannot stand to look of black and blue lines and said I we can get green lines he would have no problem with it.

ennismaple
03-17-2010, 12:17 PM
Lapierre makes a white opaque and white translucent mainline, and also makes a lime green 5/16 tubing now too. The green mainline we have is at least 10 years old and I haven't seen any of it for sale recently. I recall someone saying it was Caledon mainline but my memory could be failing me.

The green mainline is very visible, black actually blends into the forest better.

DaveB
03-17-2010, 12:59 PM
Leader makes green tubing now too. I think they have blue, green and white. I remember seeing a write-up in their catalog but I don't have it available to me right now.

Dave

farmall h
03-17-2010, 08:27 PM
brl, I bet FW Webb could locate the color you desire. Years ago we installed blue & orange. I didn't get it from a maple dealer....my memory is faded :-|

BRL
03-18-2010, 11:12 AM
Great call Farmall h! My company just so happens to do a ton of business with Webb. I have sent out an email and should have some pricing soon. I'll let you know what I find out. Thanks

farmall h
03-19-2010, 09:08 PM
brl...500 acres of tappable sugar maple? I'm moving in with you so kick the dog off the couch!!:lol: :lol:

BRL
03-22-2010, 08:04 AM
Hey Farmall, The area we would be tapping would be about 50 acres to start with. I think he figured around 1200 taps. Head on over, the whole tubing vacuum stuff is all new to us so we have know idea what we are doing! We don't have a dog so the couch is yours :lol: Also is there anyway I can get some info/pics of your Suck-o-matic?

Haynes Forest Products
03-22-2010, 08:49 AM
Farmall I baught 10 rolls of the ridgid tubing and it was all Blue and Orange and being from Denver and installing 60 miles from Green Bay:lol: I had to be carfull. It came from MaplePro. Its all been replaced After we won the Super Bowl:)