PDA

View Full Version : My first boil, My first mistake

kc in wv
03-15-2010, 03:50 PM
I made my first boil a week ago in a turkey fryer. I got the 5 gal of sap down to about a quart and placed in the freezer to finish later with another batch.

This past weekend I started another boil. I went inside to get a drink and my wife had taken last weeks boil and had it in a pot simmering on the stove. She had a hankering for a maple cake. She kept it simmering all day until it she had a 1/2 cup of syrup as thick as Molasses. The taste was Super Strong. :lol:

{Note to my journal " Don't tell the wife what I am doing" )

vtsnowedin
03-15-2010, 04:08 PM
I made my first boil a week ago in a turkey fryer. I got the 5 gal of sap down to about a quart and placed in the freezer to finish later with another batch.

This past weekend I started another boil. I went inside to get a drink and my wife had taken last weeks boil and had it in a pot simmering on the stove. She had a hankering for a maple cake. She kept it simmering all day until it she had a 1/2 cup of syrup as thick as Molasses. The taste was Super Strong. :lol:

{Note to my journal " Don't tell the wife what I am doing" )
:lol: :lol: Wives would be a much more user friendly gadget if they came with instruction manuals complete with cautions and don't try this sections.