PDA

View Full Version : Finally

wanting to get into it
03-15-2010, 08:55 AM
Well,
After a year now I was finally able to get our evaporator. Maybe a little too late for this year, but this was out of our control. I had placed an order for a set of 2x6 pans from Phaneuf in April of last year. I was told they would be delivered late may, then June, July, August, September, then October. Well, I got tired of the games at this point so canceled my order with him and asked for my money back. He said no problem. This is October '09. Well, in January '10 I had not heard from him or seen any of my money so I contacted him. He asked if he could pay with paypal. Sure, no problem I said. After a week I had not received anything there either. Called him and he told me his paypal acct was shut down but would be back up this week. Long story short, this went on for 2 months, same story. I had to start calling because he no longer would answer e mails. Anyway, I started looking for a evaporator last week. Another member on here sent me info on his 2x6 Small Bros raised flue. Talked with him on the phone and he bought a new evap from Patrick and was meeting him. Wow, I wanted his old evaporator and he was meeting Patrick to get his. Well, I bought his old evaporator, talked to patrick and he took the money he owed me off the guys new evaporator so we were settled. After a year of messing around I now have my money back and have a new/ used evaporator. Not going to get going this year, but lots to do for next year. It is a raised flue, I have only been around drop flue. Kinda nervous about that.:rolleyes:

Ridgeland Farm
03-15-2010, 09:28 AM
yeah I tried getting prices on a 3x8 from him. His only response to my 5 emails was it will take 2 month to get it made and delivered. Never gave me a price and never responded to any more of my emails. guess he's makin so much money he doesnt need worry about losing a few sales here and there! Wont even bother with him again.

whalems
03-15-2010, 10:41 AM
I have sent 3 E-mails to him for a price on a set of 2x6 drop flue pans and can't get a response! He must not want any business.

danno
03-15-2010, 12:35 PM
I have sent 3 E-mails to him for a price on a set of 2x6 drop flue pans and can't get a response! He must not want any business.

Or is way overwhelmed with the business he has. Still no excuse for terrible customer support, but sounds like he's made quite a bit of equipment for folks on this site. Looks like there is evap. manufacturing work out there if anybody wants to start a business...

Revi
03-15-2010, 12:52 PM
I know Patrick and have visited his shop up in St. Marguerite, Quebec.

He is a hard worker who needs to hire some help.

Maybe a person to answer the phone and keep the books.

He's honest, but overwhelmed.