PDA

View Full Version : bulk tank

Mike
03-17-2005, 02:32 PM
Whats a good price to pay for a 1000 gal SS bulk tank with a vacuum pump???? Thanks......

brookledge
03-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Usually $1.00 per gallon depending on the type and condition. If it is vacuum rated probably a little more. Although I was told recently that with scrap steel prices up so high that you can get about the same to take to the scrap yard. I'd hate to see a good tank end up in the shredder.
As far as a vacuum pump, there is alot of variables. First of all the size, 1 hp no where as expensive as one rated for a 5 hp motor. The type is another factor water cooled are more expensive than air cooled. Probably the biggest factor in determining a price is the condition. Start it up and plug the end should be able to pull around 26" Hg. If it can't then may be worn out inside. I would recomend contacting someone in the dairy business that deals in vacuum pumps maybe they could give a price range on the model you are looking at. With any used vacuum pump I'd like to make sure that is still has life left in it before having it quit in the middle of the season. Look at Bascom's 2005 catolog it has about a dozen used vacuum pumps ranging from 250.00 to 1200.00 hope this helps
Keith