PDA

View Full Version : Bernard Double

caseyssugarshack93
03-13-2010, 10:38 PM
I have a bernard double leaking by the piviot point which makes it switch sides, and it leaks where the vac line does switch sides, got any ideas why it leaks or a fix? i just bough it, so i dont know, does being level have anything to do with it? it dont seem that it would but let me know what u guys think

Thanks

NATE

Thompson's Tree Farm
03-14-2010, 06:38 AM
Nate,
Being level may indeed have something to do with it. The float rod is trying to push straight up and if it is out of level the hole will be just slightly misaligned. Basic vertical releaser maintainance is are they properly lubricated, are they square, are the o rings ok.

Northern Ont. Maple
03-14-2010, 06:55 AM
I have the same unit with the sme problam and I fixed it by applying more white grease around the area of the small vacuum holes and tightening the 1/4'' pivot bolt. I also added some clear sylicone to the small vacuum hose fitting where it goes into the plexiglass rocker arm.I hope this helps good luck.

Haynes Forest Products
03-14-2010, 09:21 AM
What vacuum level are you running. Keep in mind that over time as the vacuum shifts back and forth the white plastic slide that transfers the vac from tank to tank picks up dust and dirt and it will grind a grove in it if you dont clean it. Low vac levels will allow that slide area to not suck down tight.

caseyssugarshack93
03-14-2010, 10:26 AM
well when i shut the vavle between the pump and releaser it goes to 25 on the pump open that valve with the vavles on the mainlines off it goes to 20, im loosing 5 inches at the releaser, going ot try and tightne the bolt today and see what happens

Maple Mist
03-14-2010, 12:14 PM
unhook your vac line from your releaser , then slide top plate from side to side and look for air gap. side pressure from vac line hookup usually the problem.

Haynes Forest Products
03-14-2010, 02:42 PM
That air gap should close as vacuum increases.