View Full Version : mckean county

Babcock Maple
03-13-2010, 04:04 PM
Hi kinda new to the trader ... was just wondering if there is anyone on here located in McKean county? and how there season has been..

Gary R
03-13-2010, 06:36 PM
Hello and welcome. PA Mapler is from Bradford. We haven't heard from her in a year. There's plenty to the west and east of you.

slammer3364
03-13-2010, 09:22 PM
Hello and welcome also .There are acouple of us to your south in St. Marys.I Have had a pretty poor year thus far just got done boiling off 1.25 gals of syrup first we made this yr.Sap is not running well yet,talked to a guy in Portville he said people up there cant keep up.. Good Luck

Jim Brown
03-14-2010, 07:31 AM
Gentlemen; As you all know one does not have time to take pictures and make syrup.We make syrup and have a neibhor who take pictures. Go to
www.adrouhard.smugmug.com and look at our operation from tapping in 30 inches of snow to boiling last week.

Enjoy

Jim

Babcock Maple
03-14-2010, 08:50 AM
I'm about 20 minutes from portville and my season here has been very slow. i've got out over 180 taps now and the most i have gathered is about 80 gallons. was just thinking it was my trees but the more i talk to people i'm finding out its happening to alot of us. and the lady from bradford you were refering to i think she took the year off this year..

ELM_DALE_MAPLE
03-21-2010, 08:53 PM
We are over in Ceres Township, McKean County. This year has been slow for sure but we have made about 13 gallons on 177 taps. Last year we made 10 gallons on 75 taps so draw what conclusions you may. I'm just not sure this season has much left in it.

Splashdam
03-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Hi,
I am in Port Allegay with 72 taps all in an old farm house yard. Big tops and big trees. Definately very slow this year. When it runs, it runs well. Usually an average of at least a gallon per day per tap. I've got a total of 14 gallons of syrup so far and hoping for one last shot over the next 2 to 3 days. The first 5+ gallons is very light in color. The remaining is no worse than medium, all on a 2x4 small brothers raised flue.

berry boy
03-26-2010, 10:27 PM
Hi, I am in Reynoldsville ( next to DuBois) Some of you may have heard of my self pick Blueberry business (Blueberry hill farm). This is my first year with vacuum and tubing. I have out 766 on line and 3 buckets. Can tell one thing for sure you get alot more sap on vac. It has not ran well this year here, was hoping to make 400 gal. But I am only at 167. hoping to squeezing out a little more this comming week. I have a 3x12 waterloo small and am wanting to add an RO next year and double my tap count. Good luck to all , We'll see what mother nature brings us the next few days. Phil

mellondome
03-22-2011, 12:47 PM
Just over 23 gal/syrup so far from 85 taps... Sap is still flowing. Collected 150gal yesterday.