PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some sap Im bored and unimpressed with this season.

maple sapper
03-13-2010, 12:27 PM
Any body in So. NH area got some sap that they would be willing to part with? I am so bored of waiting. This is driving me nuts. Two years in a row and Im sitting around. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. contact me. i will pay something for it, reasonable of course.

wildacres
03-14-2010, 06:25 PM
Unimpressed with the season so far is an understatement in my book - I think it has been an absolute disaster! Where in souther NH are you? I'm in Bedford, and I'm at under 3 gallons per tap here on March 14th - I've been tapped out since February 20th.

Paul L.

maple sapper
03-14-2010, 07:38 PM
I'm in Nashua. Are you tapping along backriver road? I tap in Merrimack and Nashua on several lots of land.

wildacres
03-16-2010, 08:27 PM
I think tomorrow may be lights out in Bedford - I don't expect anything
overnight, as the low is looking like it'll be around 33, but's nothing good at all after that for the next 10 days - and who can afford to start over on April 1st? I'll have to cook down what';s in the evaporator and throw in the towel. Horrible!

By the way, I tap on Nashua Road

Paul

maple sapper
03-16-2010, 08:44 PM
I am hoping to see some sap in my tank tomorrow morning. I just hooked up a newly acquired vac pump and home made releaser tonight at 6. What a day. I get it all put in place, drag the generator throught the mud on my tractor with the pump on a pallet. I rig it all up. Pull the cord twice and the **** pull cord breaks. I was so livid. I got it running but was not able to hang around at that point to hear the inital dumping of it. I wish I was. That would have been worth all the suffering.