PDA

View Full Version : Dumbfounded!

jtbucket
03-13-2010, 10:04 AM
I have a Traivini liquid cooled vacume pump that I just can't seem to get to "create" vacume. I'm not the tapper, just the wife, and I have spent hours and hounded many other typically knowledgeable individuals with this pump. I believe that all hoses are connected appropriately without leaks, the pump is located directly on the water tank, being only 12 inches from the water source so it's not pulling far. Today is Saturday, and of course the company is closed so I can't get any help from them until Monday. Unfortunately sapp'n doesn't take the weekends off and I need it WORKING. I have made sure that there is nothing blocking the inlet, and the outlet too. We have tried priming it many times unsuccessfully. So I find myself here, with all you guys and your collected knowledge hoping to get some more thoughts......

WMF
03-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Make sure its rotating the right direction.
Cooling liquid should be teed into the pump inlet not the factory supplied inlet as that will only work reliably if the cooling liquid is supplied under pressure. Post a pic of the setup.

jtbucket
03-13-2010, 03:20 PM
I checked out your website and found your email. You have an exceptional site!

maplwrks
03-13-2010, 09:49 PM
JT--Try This--
1) Plug the fitting that looks like an air line fitting--where you had the tubing stuck on
2) cut a manifold into the vacuum side of the pipe and add bushings to be able to attach a 5/15 hose barb fitting
3) put everything on the ground, so that the cooling water will run into the pump, using the head pressure of the tank to feed the pump.

I would hope that with water running into the pump it would start pulling some vacuum. You may need to install a valve to control the water flow into the pump with it. Too much water will flood the pump and too little will create low vacuum. I would also try to bring the water out of the valve on the end of the tank.

Homestead Maple
03-14-2010, 12:45 PM
I have a Travaini TRHE 32-60 and in the operating manual it mentions on start up that the level for the cooling/sealant liquid inside the pump should not be higher than the center line of the pump shaft. My storage tank for the cooling liquid is 275 gallons, so on the coolant/sealant supply line I had to put a smaller in line tank, with a float valve in it to maintain a level so that I didn't flood the pump. You may have checked Travaini's site but if you haven't here it is:

http://travaini.com/product1.asp