PDA

View Full Version : It takes a while ...

Brent
03-12-2010, 04:32 PM
It takes a while for this RO stuff to sink in.

Yesterday we had lots of sap in totes in the bush and about 225 gallons in a tote by the sugar shack. So I figure I'll start the RO, jump in the Gator, go to the bush and get two of the Gator's tanks filled, 70 gallons, bring it back and keep topping up the RO that way.

Good plan, but when I came back with the first load from the bush, the RO had gone through half what was was already here. So I pumped out of the Gator into the tank.
Hey, it's lower in the tank than when I started. Better move faster. Second Gator load in from the bush, pump it. Geee I'm still losing ground here. Darned thing is making 8.5% faster than I can keep it topped up. And the 8.5% would go through the evap just as fast as the RO can make it. ( if I had a clone to run the evap that is )

Anyway, I started doning the math. Yup it is faster than I can make the round trip to the bush.

But on the 4th run I was catching up. Hmmmm, yes the RO slows down as it gets dirty doesn't it.

Yes it takes a while to realize what the numbers are and what your limitations are in each part of the process.