PDA

View Full Version : Well some good news

Buckeye mapler
03-11-2010, 07:07 PM
My local paper is going to do an article on our modest operation. I will take the publicity. I got alot of things to take care of before they come out though! But still a pretty neat event!:)

Haynes Forest Products
03-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Its cool to have that happen. I had them come out to my place and I dumped all my syrup on the floor 5 min before they showed up and was shopvacing it up when the came in. They thought I was a neat freak:o Just make sure you spell your name right:lol:

40to1
03-11-2010, 08:01 PM
That's great news...
Remember that when you meet the reporter the first thing you ought to say is that everything is off the record and on background. (Ha! just kidding....).

But really you ought to give some thought about what you want the angle of the story to be. If you don't, they will. And it might not be exactly what you thought.

But ultimately, this ought to be a fun story. The reporter is looking forward to this (It sure beats covering a school committee meeting). The biggest favor you can do for yourself is to make it fun. Keep it positive. Don't dwell on what a bad year it has been. Talk about the "magic" of the season. Readers will ultimately buy your syrup (cheerfully) if it's a positive affirmation of the sugaring season.

Also, have your bottles and labels everywhere. You want photos taken of them (without you having to suggest it).

Have fun ...and be sure to give a sample bottle (with your label on it) as they leave!

Buckeye mapler
03-12-2010, 05:40 PM
well I got my bottles ordered and got the sugar shack back in order from the chaos. So I will be ready when the reporter comes. I have thought about what you said 40:1 and I do have some ideas as to what I will say. That was definitely good advice.