PDA

View Full Version : candy prices '10

red maples
03-10-2010, 11:36 AM
So excited my second attempt at candy without a machine almost perfect!!!!

So I looked back at few threads on pricing candy...looks like about .25 per piece and about $1.00 for package of 4 for the maple leaves correct?

davey
03-10-2010, 12:58 PM
we were getting 50 cents each and one dollar for a two pack. always sell out and my vendors constantly need restocking.

sfsshadow
03-10-2010, 10:47 PM
We have been charging $1.00/ounce plus the price of packaging for the last three years. Also goes for granulated sugar, cream and maple peanuts. We're getting it with no problem, maybe it's time to go up?

3rdgen.maple
03-10-2010, 11:10 PM
I do believe you should be selling it by the ounce. There are many different sizes of candy out there and selling it by the peice may be cutting yourlesf short. Once you figure out how many ounces each peice is you will have a base price for that size. A dollar an ounce seems to be the going price which has the potential to double your income rather than selling just syrup. You also might want to check your local regulations as I believe here in NY you will need to get a license to process and sell "candy".

red maples
03-11-2010, 06:51 AM
the leaves are a 1/4 once each.

morningstarfarm
03-11-2010, 01:10 PM
at those prices..put me down for 100 leaves...can I have them by next tues?:D and yes I'm serious

red maples
03-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Yeah I am thinking that sounds a little cheap! I will have to look around. I remember buying them for more than that! even at farmers markets!

morningstarfarm
03-12-2010, 05:02 PM
no, seriously..i will order 100...have to boil at my kids school thurs....would love to have some for them...

Bucket Head
03-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Here in New York, anything labled as "candy" is taxable, even though its a pure maple product. To get around this almost everyone just markets and lables it as "molded maple sugar" or just "maple sugar".

Also, I've noticed many do not list the ounces or weight on the package anymore. If you lable a package as one ounce and it ends up weighing less than an ounce, you get in trouble. If theres no weight listed, than its "x" amount of sugar for "x" amount of money. I guess its just another way of the seller covering his behind.

Steve