PDA

View Full Version : Honda Pump not working as it should.

Justin Turco
03-08-2010, 05:31 PM
My Little honda pump is running great, but the pumping efficiency seems to have dropped off. I pump out of a gully with maybe 60 feet of rise. It always worked good and still pumps like crazy on flat ground. But not out of that gully.

What parts wear out inside. O-rings, seals, damaged impeller? I've never had it apart.

Justin

MrBig892
03-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Hi Justin,
If your pump has plastic impellers they may need to be replaced. They just wear out with use.

bees1st
03-08-2010, 06:31 PM
check your pumps specified lift. mine is only 24 feet.

KenWP
03-08-2010, 07:51 PM
My Little honda pump is running great, but the pumping efficiency seems to have dropped off. I pump out of a gully with maybe 60 feet of rise. It always worked good and still pumps like crazy on flat ground. But not out of that gully.

What parts wear out inside. O-rings, seals, damaged impeller? I've never had it apart.

Justin

Could be all of above. Check the impeller and also if you have a small air leak some place. Dosn't take much.

Justin Turco
03-08-2010, 11:56 PM
I hate to open up the casing but don't want to wait until that tank is full to find out it WASN'T an air leak..though that sounds like a good reason for it not to work. I'll let you know if I find anything obvious. Trying to find the paperwork on the darn thing. Maybe I have a parts schematic. The motor of course is Honda....the rest.....CHINA! I think I just figured out the problem with the pump! :(

KenWP
03-09-2010, 05:37 AM
Dose it actually say Honda on it by the way. We have knock offs up here look the same. The only way to tell the difference is the gas lever and the on off is backwards.

Brent
03-12-2010, 07:25 PM
Ahhhsoooo. Not a Honda pump.

Could be the Chinese part but I would first check for air bleeding in as noted above. If you can't find a leak then crack it open. Good chance of some debris on the impeller.