PDA

View Full Version : Sure is smoky in here!

Clan Delaney
03-08-2010, 03:36 PM
It's been a harsh boil today. About an hour after starting up, the gasket fell off the bottom of my door. Instead of stopping to fix it, I'm tolerating it. But barely. With the blower running there's a constant level of eye-watering smoke fumes in here.

HoooooWeeeee!

This is dedication.

Or, you know, stupidity.

I have ample amounts of both.

mapleack
03-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Should be hot enough out to leave the shack door open!

Clan Delaney
03-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Should be hot enough out to leave the shack door open!

Oh, it is!

farmall h
03-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Put your blower in the front draft if you have one....

Haynes Forest Products
03-08-2010, 04:52 PM
Why cant you just slam the door on a peice of insulation and call it good:rolleyes:

KenWP
03-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Clan is your life one series of trying to come up with things different. That would be the day i would work in smoke filled rooms again. I bartended for years and it was bad enough.

johnallin
03-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Smoke filled sugar shack.....marbles in the pan.....starting to come together now.

vtsnowedin
03-09-2010, 06:09 AM
Throttle that blower back with a piece of board over it's inlet or shut it off while you find a way to fix the door. Open any damper you have in the stack and let her breath. The only thing that should be smelling any smoke is the squirrels up in the tree top.
Are we having fun yet?

Ausable
03-29-2010, 05:22 AM
Smoke filled sugar shack.....marbles in the pan.....starting to come together now.

John -- I was just looking at the pictures of Your Sugar hmmmmm. Nope it is not a Sugar Shack, nor a Sugar House, Not even a Sugar Mansion or Sugar Cathedral -- It is a Sugarin Shrine - The Eighth Wonder of the World - A Place where Maple Syrup Makers from all over North America can come and stare in Awe. Hey John --- all my B.S. aside --- You did a great job on Your Sugar Shrine....... Mike