PDA

View Full Version : The Trader in the Press

DaveB
03-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Not sure if many members get this or not, but I subscribe to Farming magazine and they always have articles on sugaring, but this month they featured an article on the Maple Guys and included a mention of the Maple Trader. The Maple Guys started the Maple Trader.

I thought I'd pass a link along to their electronic edition if anyone was interested. Maybe we'll see some new members?

http://www.farmingmagazine.com/article.php?id=4957

Dave

Dill
03-06-2010, 10:11 PM
Farming magazine is a great read. They cover most every angle of northeast ag, better than any other magazine. I can get tractor info, woodlot stuff, cow articles and always a good maple section.

ejmaple
03-07-2010, 05:25 AM
its great, and its free:D

ctjim
03-07-2010, 05:52 AM
just read that article fri. when i got my copy of farming. that paper is as always an informative read. from cover to cover. you will get info on just about every facet of agriculture in the new england area.

heus
03-07-2010, 08:38 AM
I never knew the Maple Guys had anything to do with the Force 5 that evryone has been talking about on here.

red maples
03-07-2010, 09:27 AM
was definitly a good read. one typo though man if you knew nothing about boiling sap.

There is one section about wood consumption...1 cord of wood for every 1 gallon of syrup made man thats alot of wood for 1 gallon of syrup. did I read it right???:o

Clan Delaney
03-07-2010, 02:23 PM
was definitly a good read. one typo though man if you knew nothing about boiling sap.

There is one section about wood consumption...1 cord of wood for every 1 gallon of syrup made man thats alot of wood for 1 gallon of syrup. did I read it right???:o

That can't be right. I've got a gallon drawn off already and there's no WAY I've kicked out a cord of wood to do it.

maple flats
03-07-2010, 06:39 PM
They had a couple of Typo's but was still a great article.
As I read it, the Maple Guys got one of the first Force 5's and are dealers now. They spent some time at the factory seeing it being made. I didn't understand that they were in anyway involved in the initial developement but they are giving feedback in this, the first season using it. I did see that the Maple Guys presented some their own inventions and I believe a relationship has developed from that.

maple flats
03-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Did anyone catch that there was a 16x16 evaporator in the article? You must need to crawl into the pans to clean that.