PDA

View Full Version : Help...250GPH CDL Pressure?

OneLegJohn
03-06-2010, 06:52 PM
What pressure do I run at? I'm running at 400 PSI with brand new membranes. Trying to get at 8%...sap is 2.2-2.5%. Getting about 0.5GPM of concentrate at 6%, does that seem right?

Russell Lampron
03-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Nate somethings not right. With the raw sap percentage that you have you should be getting 8% somewhere between 1.25gpm to 1.5gpm at that pressure. What are you getting for permeate flow?

OneLegJohn
03-07-2010, 07:08 AM
Don't know... A couple GPM more than the concentrate. I did notice the RO shut off and collapsed the outgoing permeate off of the membranes. Weird. It created some sort of vacuum. Any thoughts?

OneLegJohn
03-07-2010, 07:18 AM
It does say ALM in red letters. Thought it might mean ALARM. I bought is from Goodrich's. Still no manual.... I know everyone is busy, but C'mon!

danno
03-07-2010, 10:29 AM
John - for point of comparison - I've got a 200 gph RO with old membranes and .6 /concentrate, 1.5/permeate will only get my sap from 1.7 to 3.75.

The high pressure pump is sucking and pumping at high pressure. Previous owner had told me that he has seen it collapse 5 micron filters later in the season - so it is acting as a vacuum.

I have 3 red buttons. One is stop and the other two ALR buttons are trip re-sets for the flow pump and high pressure pump I believe.

If your RO stoped, was it just becuase it was not getting any flow and the pressure switch/timer closed.

OneLegJohn
03-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Ok. Just finished a wash/rinse and getting 2.5GPM of permeate and concentrate at 250PSI. For a 250GPH unit, doesn't that seem low? I have two 4" NSF270 membranes. Shouldn't I be getting about double that rate?

Brent
03-07-2010, 07:09 PM
What kind of condition is the prefilter in ? If it is in a warm location and you run sap through it and it sits overnight, the microbes will have a picnic in the prefilter and plug it up pretty good. That could lead to pump inflow starvation and trip the alarm

mountainvan
03-07-2010, 09:48 PM
= 2.5/m permeate+ .5/min conc.= 180 gals/hr. Seems low to me. are you checking the permeate for sugar? new membranes may pass sugar for a bit.

OneLegJohn
03-10-2010, 09:24 PM
Couple updates.... The loud screaching noise I heard was apparently a bearing from what CDL tells me. Well, they said I could run but it didn't run long before it had problems. Sparks were flying. It won't even start now. It seems to have completely locked up. Tried to drop the motor and it came down 1/4". What is the secret to getting motor off? I think it got hot and the shaft welded to something. Any suggestion on the "nearly new" lemon I was sold? I am really upset about this.