PDA

View Full Version : Time to get the fire started.

Justin Turco
03-05-2010, 02:00 PM
First Boil tonight. Not much sap to process fortunately, since the R/O is waiting for a new guage. If your out this way..stop by.

Justin

PARKER MAPLE
03-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Hey justin, i would love to stop in and have the grand tour sometime, drop me a p.m. and give me your location..

saps been running good here this week and next looks even better. ive been boiling the last two nights and today i finally got to draw off 3 plus a little bit gallons. looks nice. man i took a long time for that first draw to come, felt like i boiled 200 gallons. but after i figured it out i boiled about 150 or so.

cant do any maple tommorow so sunday will be a full day of it lookiing a the weather were are at the starting of the prime time.

good luck
maple rookie

hammer460
03-05-2010, 09:42 PM
collected 30 gal. on 75 buckets and left 1-2" of ice in the buckets. Hopefully it will melt tommorow. North wind was blowing today

vtsnowedin
03-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Not as good a run as I had hoped today but enough to finally draw off some syrup. Just four gallons but it's fancy:) .The old 3x8 Grimm is running great. even boiling between the preheater box and the back of the flue pan. I'm going to leave it the way it is and next year concentrate on a primo wood pile in a nice water and snow tight shed.