PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a place to get plastic pints

cpmaple
03-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Does any know of a good place to order plastic pint containers to put finished syrup into? I sell some to friends and co workers so i wanted something better then the mason jars i used last year. Only my second season at sugaring but alot of fun. May expand next season to 300 taps have the land could go more but, dont want to take the fun away from it for me.thanks for any input i can get for containers. cpmaple

tomslusher
03-03-2010, 10:04 PM
www.andersonsmaplesyrup.com (http://www.andersonsmaplesyrup.com)

they are in Wisconsin and I have ordered stuff from them and even been to their store. Huge selection of plastic jugs (not that type of plastic jug, you perverts).

tomslusher

Moonlitemaple
03-03-2010, 11:23 PM
I get al;l my jugs from my local dealer, Michael Parker at Parker Family Maple Farm, they are a dealer for Leader Evaporator. They carry sugar hill jugs, very nice jugs not badly priced. Give them a call.

themapleman54
03-04-2010, 03:04 AM
Fillmore Maple Supply ,Fillmore NY. 585-567-2738

briduhunt
03-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Depending on where you live there are some producers that are also reps for jug companys. Most will sell 1 or 2 at a time to the smaller guys and you can get them right there. Let us know where you live in NY and we could better direct you.
May your sap run deep and long.

wcproctor
03-04-2010, 04:37 PM
http://bascommaple.com/

red maples
03-04-2010, 06:35 PM
just ordered some more for me from bascoms...everyone wants pints!!!! they for 2 color with state logo they are I think $1.07 ea. before shipping

cpmaple
03-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Depending on where you live there are some producers that are also reps for jug companys. Most will sell 1 or 2 at a time to the smaller guys and you can get them right there. Let us know where you live in NY and we could better direct you.
May your sap run deep and long.

Live in a little town called Crown Point were the old champlain bridge was now a ferry till new bridge can be built. haha about 60 mile south of plattsburg or 60 miles north of glenns falls hope that helps

Dill
03-05-2010, 10:19 AM
I'd call the VT suppliers that are near you. They should be able to order in NY colored jugs, or if you want a small amount find a big producer near you and buy some off them. Hows life without a bridge?

cpmaple
03-05-2010, 10:41 AM
I'd call the VT suppliers that are near you. They should be able to order in NY colored jugs, or if you want a small amount find a big producer near you and buy some off them. Hows life without a bridge?

Different hurt alot of little store and people lot of ny people work in vt. but with a temp. ferry up and running things are getting back to normal

Dill
03-05-2010, 12:25 PM
I've driven through crown point many many times, I went to college in Plattsburgh and my wife went to Clarkson up in Potsdam.
I just couldn't believe how quickly that bridge got knocked down.