PDA

View Full Version : Valve for tote tank???

Flat47
03-03-2010, 08:54 PM
Lucky me: my 200 gallon tote tank (poly tank in metal cage on a pallet) is missing the valve. I can't find anything that will fit it. No fernco fittings, no pvc...nothing. It's probably metric. Anybody have any leads on what I can use? Or, better yet...anybody have a spare?

KenWP
03-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Search on here for the threads on those. They are some kind of weird thing. As bad as useing milk tanks and that SS sizes.

JohnsSugarShack
03-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Give Mr. Burrell in Newport a call, (207)368-5800. I don't know if he has any spare valves to sell but might be worth a call. He sells the 275 gallon poly totes, plastic and steel barrels 30 & 55 gallon in size. I've bought quit a few barrels from him, very nice man to deal with.

Moonlitemaple
03-03-2010, 11:20 PM
I used a 1 1/2 " to 2" rubber fernco to a PVC pipe with a ball valve on my 275 gal. cage tank works great. I have two tanks plummed together for 500 + gals. to gather with. My tanks are mounted on a hay wagon frame. The valves kept breaking on them so that is why I went with the fernco and PVC pipe, plus I can empty both tanks in 15 min. and I use them at the end of the season to wash my lines. If you can find the ferncos you shouldn't have any problems. Clamp them down with two clamps and your good to go.

Flat47
03-04-2010, 05:07 AM
Give Mr. Burrell in Newport a call, (207)368-5800. I don't know if he has any spare valves to sell but might be worth a call. He sells the 275 gallon poly totes, plastic and steel barrels 30 & 55 gallon in size. I've bought quit a few barrels from him, very nice man to deal with.

Thanks, I'll give him a call.

Moonlitemaple - my valve isn't there, so no fernco fittings will work like you describe. The threads on the tank are like 2 1/4" and probably metric like I said. I've got the fernco 2" to 1 1/2" reducer for my milk tank.

Dill
03-04-2010, 07:54 AM
Hows the 2x4 working?
Good thing you came down when you did. I've had a steady stream of locals swinging by to see if I still have it for sale.
Oh and to provide a kind of answer to your question I have some tanks with a chunk of water line between the stub and the valve just hose clamped on to each end. I haven't used them so I'm not sure if how they'd hold the pressure but the tanks had been used that way when I bought them.

cpmaple
03-04-2010, 08:02 AM
I had the same problem and i went to lowes and found a expandsion joint that the female was the same size off a 1 1/4". So i had to buy the whole thing for half of it but it works for 8 bucks.

Flat47
03-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Hows the 2x4 working?
Good thing you came down when you did. I've had a steady stream of locals swinging by to see if I still have it for sale.
Oh and to provide a kind of answer to your question I have some tanks with a chunk of water line between the stub and the valve just hose clamped on to each end. I haven't used them so I'm not sure if how they'd hold the pressure but the tanks had been used that way when I bought them.

I'm glad I got it too! We should be boiling on Saturday. I'll let you know how it goes.

As for the tank, I ended up glueing an 1 1/2" pvc ball valve into it. Fit perfectly into the inside of the threaded outlet on the tank. There was a small band with ridges on it on the inside, too, that pulled right out. Done. Thanks for the suggestions, eveyone.

pelz
03-06-2010, 11:50 AM
i bought mine from http://www.bascousa.com/ i see now they have adapters for converting to NPT the palleted/caged tanks are known as IBC's, that will help you when you search