PDA

View Full Version : Flue pan/steampan/pre-heater hood gasket ?

Beans Maple
03-03-2010, 06:56 PM
I just added a CDL steam pan to my D&G 3.5 X 10. Steam pan sits on the flue pan and my pre-heater hood on top of that.(same as a steamaway set up). Everything fits pretty good but I am getting quite a bit of sap/concentrate bubbling up and leaking out where each pan sits on the other. I have played with the levels and adjusted air flow through the blower and it just won't stop. Does anyone know of a good food grade gasket that I can put in these seems? I am sure I'm not really losing alot of syrup but it stinks seeing this stuff running down the sides of the rig and getting my nice shiny baby all sticky and messy.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
03-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Leader includes a gasket with the steamaway that is supposed to last for several years. Guess you could buy a gasket off of Leader that normally is included in the price of the steamaway.

mapleack
03-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Harlan, are you adding defoamer? You'll still need it, that may be your problem.

Beans Maple
03-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Very little foam in the steam pan. I bought a gasket type tape today and I am going to try that.

jdj
03-05-2010, 04:33 AM
We have a steamaway and we get hose from Leader, it is a clear plastic type hose. What you do is cut it to length then slice it length wase and put it on the top edges of your flue pan so basically half the hose is on the inside of the top edge of you flue pan and wraps around the top edge and the other hals is on the outside edge of the top of your flue pan. Hope this makes some sense, hard to explain I'm sure you can buy this hose at many other locations other than Leader. I believe it is 3/4".