PDA

View Full Version : Repeat of last year, lack luster sap

maple sapper
03-03-2010, 08:00 AM
So far I see a repeat of last year. I have not even had a piece of ice in my buckets due to the warmer air we have gotten. Then of course the nights dont get cold enought and then a storm that lasts days. I will have to do the math and figure out my gal/tap count.
If there is someone in So. NH/northern mass who has sap and has a breakdown, to busy, no longer got the interest I will be interested in some sap. I am bored of waiting. This is the worst start Ive had yet. If we can agree on something fair, I will come and get it. :( :mad:

603-234-4132
Gregg aka maple sapper

Mark-NH
03-03-2010, 08:18 AM
Are you running short tubing installs with no vacuum?

Brokermike
03-03-2010, 08:36 AM
I feel the pain pulled buckets last night, only got abou 18 gallons of sap from 40 buckets, over a 2 day run

maple sapper
03-03-2010, 08:45 AM
This year if budget allows I will be looking into vac. I have every possible tubing arraingment there is depending on who's property its on ans what works best. But we just need cold nights. I'm not a believer in global warming but geeeeeez

BarrelBoiler
03-03-2010, 09:05 AM
buck up guys the forecast for the weekend looks like good sap weather 20's and 40's
ya gotta believe, a run is coming:)

PerryW
03-03-2010, 02:15 PM
It hasn't got cold enough in northern NH either for the past three days. Only about 40 gallons of sap ran from 700 taps in my sugarbush in Littleton NH in the past 24 hours.

KenWP
03-03-2010, 06:13 PM
We finally got a good frost last night here and the trees did not to bad today. I am rather pleased that two days into tapping I am close to haveing enough to boil on Saturday already. Should make for a exciting day . Now if the weather co operates a bit more I won't have to be so frustrated like last year.