PDA

View Full Version : Help with a Deleval 75

danno
03-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Started up the vac today. I'm not getting that oil mist out of the exhaust end like I usually do, but I did not think it was getting hotter than usual. Tore this pump apart at the beginning of last year and cleaned it up good and I would prefer not to have to tear it down again so soon.

Should I be able to blow through the copper tube that runs from the oil reservoir into the pump head? The tube is clear and I can blow through the tube into the reservoir - I can hear the oil bubbling. But cannot blow through the copper into the pump head. Should I be able to? Is that my clog?

Does the oil run through the copper into the pump head, or is this a return from the head into the reservoir?

Haynes Forest Products
03-02-2010, 12:15 AM
Does the line run from the oil tank to the bearings or from the barrel to the tank. It usually sucked into the pump from the same vacuum that it creates for milking. DO NOT USE PLASTIC if you decide to replace the lines ONLY METAL. The oilgets sucked into the bearings and then it splatters out into the drum.

danno
03-02-2010, 07:07 AM
The oilgets sucked into the bearings and then it splatters out into the drum.[/QUOTE]

Haynes - the copper tube runs from the oil tank to the bearings. So how do I know if I'm getting oil to the bearings? I don't think I am as I'm not getting oil mist out of the exhaust. BAD. I know I'm clear through the copper tube into the oil reservoir, but think I may be clogged where the copper tube enters the head. How can I check/clear this? Stick a peice of wire in the fitting? Tried blowing air in but it would not take air.

Haynes Forest Products
03-02-2010, 09:05 AM
Pull the fitting from the case/barrel and do the wire trick. If it sat for a long time they get gunked up. Desnt that pump have a bearing cap on the side plate. Oil mist depends on how much oil you dump into the pump. If its a dripper you might not get enough to see. Does your have the brass bearing on the end side and ball on the pully side. My old DeLaval that I burned up because I used plastic oil lines you could pull the end plate without muck work and clear the line. Oil was sucked into the brass bearing on the end then it flowed into the vanes and then into the ball bearing side. Ball bearings dont need much oil to operate safely.