PDA

View Full Version : Not for a couple weeks or so

Homestead Maple
03-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Here are a few pictures of my sugar bush after the storm of Thursday the 25th. I haven't had a chance to get into the woods since the storm until today and I figured that the snow might have fallen off the trees by now. I snowshoed around the woods picking lines up out of the snow and pulling the small trees that had bent over on to the lines from the weight of the snow. I haven't found any breaks or lines that had pulled apart. It wasn't difficult getting around because the snow was so heavy, it pack down very tight as it was falling. I went from about 8" of snow in the woods prior to the storm to about 3 feet in some places. I don't think the trees will warm up much for the next couple weeks because the long range forecast for the next two weeks calls for highs of only 28-34.

Russell Lampron
03-02-2010, 06:34 AM
You will be surprised how fast things will thaw out Bill. It is supposed to be 40 here today and you should be close to that. Get those taps in.

michelle32
03-02-2010, 06:43 AM
Theres a sugar shack just below Bascoms ( Clarks ) They have been making syrup for 2 weeks now. Thats just south of where you are. I would tap.

PerryW
03-02-2010, 11:21 AM
It running pretty good here in northern NH (littleton area) at around 1000' elevation. The trees are thawed out now and a good freeze they should run good.

Homestead Maple
03-02-2010, 09:28 PM
You will be surprised how fast things will thaw out Bill. It is supposed to be 40 here today and you should be close to that. Get those taps in.

I finished pulling the lines out of the snow and removing downed trees. A lot of the snow that was still stuck to the trees has fallen off today, as the temp got up around the high 30's. Hopefully I'll be tapped by the weekend.