PDA

View Full Version : vac tank cover modifications

markct
02-27-2010, 10:19 PM
well i decided to do some changes to my vac tank covers before i use them. first thing was i knew it would drive me nuts not seeing the sap flowing in and not seeing how much was in it without opening the tank. so i made up flanges and tig welded them on the round openings so i could bolt on lexan windows which are sealed down with rtv silicone also. then i didnt realy want to put ratchet straps around the covers as some guys do, so i tig welded on some 3/8 stainless bolts to stick up as studs and made some small clamps to hold the lids in place when vac is off, and to make them a little harder for kids to walk off with etc

Haynes Forest Products
02-28-2010, 12:57 AM
Are you sure your not building a SUB to invade Canada. ;)

hurdmaple
02-28-2010, 04:54 AM
what are you using for your vac tanks and lids

markct
02-28-2010, 11:00 AM
what are you using for your vac tanks and lids

its a zero brand 400 gallon milk tank, they are made to have a vacuum drawn on them. i just got it up and running today, seems to be sealing well so far. have a tiny vac pump tho so have been running around checking leaks. already found one fitting without a dropline, and one tap i forgot to put in the tree! so those two leaks alone fixed should help it do better, only have about 7 in vac but still finding leaks, and its gota be better than nothing!

markct
02-28-2010, 11:16 AM
heres a pic of the whole tank, not very good just a phone cam pic