PDA

View Full Version : Tapped in N.E. Ohio

johnallin
02-27-2010, 08:05 PM
Well couldn't take it any more, so today lined up son and two son in laws and put in 75 taps, with 35 more to go tommorow...

Could have picked a better day; we had over 1 foot of "global warming" everywhere in the woods. Nothing was running as it's been too d#mn cold but looks like it will warm up some later this week. I hope:confused:

Anyone else up here in the snowbelt tapped yet?

maple marc
02-27-2010, 10:12 PM
John,
That's a beautiful sugar shack--great woodworking. What wood is that for your doors?

Marc

maplemat1
02-28-2010, 07:18 AM
john glad you could get out and tap .gonna start tapping monday . you wanna help you got your drill bit warmed up already ? the only thing is i do alot more than 75 taps a day close to a 1000 a day!!!!

johnallin
02-28-2010, 08:38 AM
John,
That's a beautiful sugar shack--great woodworking. What wood is that for your doors?

Marc

Thanks, made the doors with lumber from a maple we dropped a few years back.

Had it sawn up into boards which we air dried and have been using it on the sugar house project for entry, cupola doors and other misc items in the shack. It's nice wood to work with and will remain on the property for some time.....

johnallin
02-28-2010, 08:40 AM
john glad you could get out and tap .gonna start tapping monday . you wanna help you got your drill bit warmed up already ? the only thing is i do alot more than 75 taps a day close to a 1000 a day!!!!

No thanks - 1000 taps a day would tap me out. Still recovering from trouncing around in knee deep snow..