PDA

View Full Version : Monroe County, NY

nruder
02-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Put a few taps in today. The Sap just came gushing out as soon as I pulled the bit out. 2010 Sugarin' Season is here!!:)

By the way, I wanted to thank the many many people who post to Maple Trader. I have learned a lot from your experience and wisdom. I have even had a few laughs from your commentary.

Enjoy!!

TroutBrookSH
02-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Put in over a hundred on the new gravity mainline. Just enough flowing to have sap in the tank by time I finished.

Fortunate to have friends/neighbors with bigger tractors to plow paths for me. There's about a foot-and-a-half of snow in the bush.

Greg

backyardsugarer
03-01-2010, 08:02 AM
The snow was no fun on Saturday but I was surprised to see a steady flow at the tank by the time I got done. Then the vac. pump really got things going. Gonna need an RO eventually.

Chris

TroutBrookSH
03-01-2010, 06:01 PM
I need to take a serious look at vacuum for next season. Think I've got enough taps and collection locations, for now.

40-50 gallons in the tank from yesterday's tapping.

Greg

TroutBrookSH
03-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Put in about 120 tonight. Good flow going at 35F.

nruder
03-08-2010, 07:43 PM
I have been looking at the 10 Day forecast (http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/14450) for Monroe County and it does not look like the temperature is going to drop much below freezing. It also looks like it is going to be really warm for the next 10 days during the day.

Will the sap still run with this kind of warm weather?

wnybassman
03-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Will the sap still run with this kind of warm weather?

Nope, not really, need the freezing nights. Mine here in northeastern Wyoming County has already slowed way down because we didn't get a hard freeze last night. Hoping for a freeze tonight, but ain't holding my breath.