PDA

View Full Version : CDL steam pan

Beans Maple
02-26-2010, 02:45 PM
So yesterday Nick from CDL came down and installed a new steam pan on my D&G 3.5 x 10 rig. First of all, this guy was awesome. He spent 5 hrs installing and "retro fitting" everything to get it just perfect. Whatever they pay this guy...he is worth every cent and more. Ran the rig today. Very impressive! I am still tinkering to get it dialed in but so far it has taken the whole thing from about 145 gall/hr. to about 230 gall/hr. I tested the sap coming from the unit. It was a dismal 1.8% going in but up to 2.9% after the Steam Pan. The neighbor says it looks like a NASA test lab in the sugarhouse now. Does anyone else here have one of these? What are your thoughts?

markct
02-26-2010, 07:56 PM
so is this like a steamaway just a different brand name? never heard of a steam pan?

Haynes Forest Products
02-26-2010, 08:41 PM
Talking to Nick or Garth is a trip............................I think his dad is owner in the company. You heard alot of YET YET sure yet YA YA ah ah yet yet:lol: I thought people from Minasocold talked funny.

Bucket Head
02-26-2010, 11:03 PM
I'm wondering the same thing. I had heard of a steam pan before but was unsure of what it was exactly.

Steve

Sugarmaker
02-27-2010, 08:18 AM
What ever it is it just cut his boiling time in half:)
Very Nice! Got me thinking! Do I have enough steam stack dia to handle the WRU? I only have 10 inch currently???

Regards,
Chris C.

Beans Maple
02-27-2010, 12:26 PM
It is the same basic principal as the SteamAway...it has flue like channels with air injection. Should save alot of oil and time. We'll see what its overall grade is in about 5-6 weeks.