PDA

View Full Version : bulk sap tank

green_mt_maple
02-25-2010, 06:00 PM
was wondering if i could build a bulk sap tank out of some wooden 2x6 and some heavy plasic.has any body done this and if so do they have any pics. what are the down falls. would pond liner or swimming pool liner work better than plastic. i got this idea after seeing a fire tank they used to dump water in.

KenWP
02-25-2010, 06:04 PM
The lake for a fire truck basically uses the same idea. Just use maybe a good guality tarp for strengh and plastic for a liner. You could build a pretty big tank for little money. Depends on the pond liner just how what it would be made with. I have a big hunk here I was thinking of makeing either a roof with or a pond.

wnybassman
02-25-2010, 06:12 PM
There would be a ton of force pulling on that plastic. I'd build a box framed up with studs, and plywood the inside of the box so the plastic had something to push up against. Is that food grade sheet plastic? ;)

KenWP
02-25-2010, 06:26 PM
And food grade plywood and studs and nails. And make sure the sap is food grade also. And make sure you use a food grade hammer.

Pete S
02-26-2010, 05:43 AM
And food grade plywood and studs and nails. And make sure the sap is food grade also. And make sure you use a food grade hammer.

Now that's funny,..........I don't care who ya are,.....that's funny.

sap runner
02-26-2010, 12:21 PM
FOOD GRADE HAMMER AND NAILS LOL Ken you must work for the food grade people.::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
02-26-2010, 12:42 PM
It's about like the knock, knock jokes from kids, it has gotten really old, all this food grade blab.