PDA

View Full Version : Prediciting spring

gbilek
02-25-2010, 09:43 AM
OK, what do you guys think about the length of this years season. Do you think everything will be delayed and we will have a normal length season, or is spring just going to pop open on us and we're done?

My prediction is that once the snow cover is gone, we will warm up really fast and the season will end within a week of normal. What do you think?

Jim Brown
02-25-2010, 10:26 AM
Gary I have to agree. Get Ready Its' going to be SHORT. When it gets warm it's going to get warm like right now!

Jim

sweetwoodmaple
02-25-2010, 11:04 AM
Yes, I think no freezing nights are what will end it, at least for me being farther south than you folks.

I am preparing to run my vacuum non stop if needed as we will need to squeeze as much as we can from less runs.

danno
02-25-2010, 05:00 PM
I'm guessing the season goes 7-10 days longer, but who knows. Here in Central NY I'm usually done by about April 5. One year went to April 21. Seems this winter was cold and dry. We've warmed up to freezing and now getting our snow/moisture. Just seems like the whole weather patters is backed up a bit.

I'm usually tapping right now, but by the looks of the weather will be backed up a week.

3rdgen.maple
02-25-2010, 09:17 PM
I agree with Danno just because of the positive outlook:D . Actually after being all bent out of shape and worried it is late I went through the log books and it is the normal tapping time for us. Like Danno My latest boil date was past mid april. Danno it is go time. The temps had me messed up but if it is running here it is running by you.

stifflej
02-26-2010, 09:14 AM
We just got another foot of snow, very cold and windy, so I am hoping we might have a run by July:D

Dave Y
02-26-2010, 02:51 PM
I am optimistic that it will be a normal season. I rarely make much syrup before the second week of march.

Buffalo Creek Sugar Camp
02-26-2010, 06:55 PM
We got another 8 or 10 inches of snow in Somerset County. Very high winds. A lot of the roads were closed. I saw one Security storage building on my way home tonight that was totally buried in a snow drift. Its probably 10' high or so. I am really starting to wonder just exactly when is sugar season going to be here???