PDA

View Full Version : The proper way to hook vacuum pump to releaser

doocat
02-24-2010, 06:57 PM
I have a wet dry system and am curious if I have the pump hooked into releaser the correct way.

I have the dry line coming into the top of the releaser and the pump is T'd into the dry line prior to hitting the releaser. I have had a little problem with sap down the dry line (must be when it is all froze up). This gets sucked to the moisture trap.

Is there a better way to hook dry line and pump to releaser so that the sap would go to releaser prior to pump?? My trap filled and ball stuck cutting off vacuum. That is causing some ineffective vacuum levels.

Craig

red maples
02-24-2010, 08:04 PM
your pump should be hooked into the top center of the manifold...mine is I think an inch and 1/2 or inch amd 1/4 I forget. and your mainline should be hooked into the back part of the manifold where all the smaller holes are. A picture might help us understand how you have it set up. amd a dry line will get sap in it when the wet line freezes. and once it thaws it will go back to being strictly dry...

caseyssugarshack93
02-24-2010, 08:15 PM
your wet and dry lines go into the manifold on the releaser were your wet lines go, too, both in the same spot, not where your vacuum hooks up, just your vacuum hooks to the top of the releaser where the trip mechinsm is and stuff, is this how you have it set up?

Haynes Forest Products
02-24-2010, 09:19 PM
Cassy has it right. DOOCAT when you go into a auto parts store to get parts do you start buy saying I have a 2004 chevy 4x4 3/4 ton 4 speed crew cab and Im looking for new brake pads. OR do you go in and say I need brake pads and then wait for him to ask all the questions? ..................What kind of releaser do you have??? I ask because I see people posting questions about releasers and we find out they are talking about a ZERO tank. Im sorry to carry on so but its just easer to help if we have all the info up front:)

doocat
02-25-2010, 07:25 AM
Liquid ring on a Lapierre double vertical

Sorry

Haynes Forest Products
02-25-2010, 08:05 AM
Doocat Its good to see the trap worked.your not therson to hook things up backwards. I heard of a guy doing that once:) Now do you have a air sap eperator / anti siphon at the point of the wet and dry lines coming together? what you want is a length of pipe PVC 2" will work about 12" long that is used to seperate the wet and dry lines its mounted verticly up from the wet line to the dry line. Some people call them boosters but they dont boost anything they stop the sap from climbing up to the dry line. Think of it like this its easy to drink from a straw but now try drinking from a 2" pipe.

red maples
02-25-2010, 09:48 AM
ah yes double verticle. yeah Casey got it I have a hobby so my vac hooks into the top of the manifold.

ennismaple
02-25-2010, 12:01 PM
I've attached a pic of the incoming lines on our Lapierre double vertical releaser. The valve in the foreground and the one in the background are for when we re-do this bush to be wet/dry. It's always best to have them pre-drill and tap for more lines than you think you need!

doocat
02-25-2010, 03:46 PM
Ennismaple,

Thanks for the picture. Picture is worth a thousand words as they say..I see now that I have messed up. Both wet and dry should go into the manifold. Well two fittings and about 15 minutes will fix that. Then it is leak patrol!!

Craig