PDA

View Full Version : food grade hose ??

skillet
02-23-2010, 09:03 AM
I want to make a 30' hose to clean out my 400 gal poly tank and buckets. What type of tubing should i get. I plan on hooking it to my hot water tank and not using any bleach just hot water. What about fittings??

Thanks

skillet

bearair
02-23-2010, 09:58 AM
Wall Mart sells a "Marine RV Hose" that is made for drinking water hook up to a camper. You should be able to find it at any local hardware store that sells hoses. At Wally world you will find them in the camping section. The only problem is it's only 25' long and cost about $23.00.

skillet
02-24-2010, 05:33 PM
found the perfect hose at the hardware store. It is a clear non toxic braided plastic used for the food service industry. The hose is mainly used for fountain drinks but is safe for use with hot liquids as well. Not cheap it runs 1.89 per foot.

Checked out the camping hose as well, the packaged stated not for use with hot water.

Woodland Acres
02-24-2010, 07:57 PM
Check out www.usplastic.com ,lots of different food grade hoses there.

Haynes Forest Products
02-24-2010, 09:22 PM
So I have a question if I have the state do a water test on my shack (as they have) and my shack is hooked to my cabin by a EVIL garden hose and I pass the test is the state full of crap?

maple flats
02-25-2010, 05:16 AM
Not necessarily. A std hose is ok if the water does not set stagnant for a period of time. I'll bet the water ran for a while when the test sample was taken. This shouild not mean you are ok. If the water sets in the hose for several hours you will have things in there that YOU would rather not have in the water. Either get a food grade water hose or make your own. USplastics has several, and Lowes has a good one, they even carry the high pressure braid reinforced type in a few sizes, cut to length.. You can also make one from mainline tube or black poly pipe. You might want to consider hanging it on support wire and have it high on one end and low on the other with a vent valve and drain arrangement.

Haynes Forest Products
02-25-2010, 08:15 AM
All good ideas but my water line /hose freezes if someone decides that the extra valve that vents a steady stream of water into the sink to keep the water running should be turned off. I pull all 150ft into the shack and warm it up so I cant string it up. Poly would be nice but frozen poly is a pain to roll up:mad: