PDA

View Full Version : Sac choice

sticbow
02-22-2010, 10:49 AM
Blue sacs or clear sacs? Laminated or not?

valleyman
02-22-2010, 03:32 PM
This is my 1st season using them but what I've learned from Mapletrader guys is that blue keeps the sap cooler and I also put a piece of duct tape across the bottom to toughen it up cause I hear critters may gnaw at the sak. So far I love the ease of use. I'm getting some more. I'm using Soule hookless spouts. So far a winning combination. I did have one pull out of the frame so make sure you have enough overlap to fold over. All I could imagine was that is was 3 gallons of liquid beauty gone back to the wild:emb:

I also have the classic steel pails for the traditional look where they're visible to the public

WebbyMaple
02-22-2010, 05:09 PM
We had 29 last year and just got 8 more today. Last year we bought 250 of the blue bags from anderson maple. We have not had any critters chew the bags but have popped a few with thorns and prickers. We also have the soule hookless spouts.

Jeffery G.
02-22-2010, 06:31 PM
I use the blue also, with Soule hookless. Duct tape works good for pinholes where they rub against the tree with ice in them.

sticbow
02-22-2010, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the advice. I cant make my mind up about anything. If I had tried to deciede myself I would have missed the run!!!!! Thanks again and have a great sugaring season!!!