PDA

View Full Version : how to make a project out of it

TRAILGUY
02-21-2010, 07:59 PM
Sweeten the pans Saturday. Then a new list
1. made wooden hood to help vent steam
2. removed a few bricks to help syrup pan boil more even not much help
3. built forced air with 1 1/2 pipe and an old hair drier wow!!!
4. Added switch to sap pump the little things make it so much easier
Had to try it all out. In the middle of my first draw noticed more steam turn out feed line froze just as I was finishing a batch lucky had forty gallon on the tractor did some running but all is well and got my fist gallon

Haynes Forest Products
02-21-2010, 08:29 PM
OK now comes the calculating How long do you expect to do this and how old are you............................It only get better or worse depends on your skill level:)

maple sapper
02-22-2010, 12:00 AM
one thing I always have is a few five gallon pails of sap in the sugar house. I pour them in at the end of the boil. I use them as a safety in the event the pan goes down from float sticking or what ever may occur. I guess you could call it the OH **** bucket.

smitty76
02-22-2010, 02:40 PM
I also have a couple of oh s--t buckets, and also put them in the pan at end of boil. You can never be too careful. I un-soldered my first syrup pan due to float issues. So now i keep the 5gal buckets just in case. Ih I had them then I would of been able to save the pan.

maple sapper
02-22-2010, 02:43 PM
I also have a couple of oh s--t buckets, and also put them in the pan at end of boil. You can never be too careful. I un-soldered my first syrup pan due to float issues. So now i keep the 5gal buckets just in case. Ih I had them then I would of been able to save the pan.

I guess the only difference between your buckets and mine are that yours start with s and end with t. Mine start with f and end in k. LMAO