PDA

View Full Version : Chomping In Townsend

maple-bubba
02-21-2010, 06:18 PM
Did some clean up in the shack over the weekend, Hooked up the sink gave stuff a cleaning. Yesterday I'm sure the sap Would have flowed. Today was cold and windy.
Looking at tapping maybe Wednesday or Thursday. NLT than this weekend.
Anyone start up this way yet

SV Sugarer
02-21-2010, 06:53 PM
We've started right next door to you in Ashby. Tapped on the 19th. had a good run yesterday - collected 130 gallons off of 190 taps. Was running slow all day today - didn't even start to run until just before noon time. Based on the forecast, we should have a decent run tomorrow. We boiled today for the first time. Sweetened the pans, but no draw. We'll boil again tomorrow night and make our first syrup of the season.

Where in Townsend are you?

maple-bubba
02-22-2010, 07:27 PM
We are located on highland st. (up on the hill). sap probably ran today but I do not know about the next couple of days. I think I'll tap Wed or Thurs and hopefully get enough for a boil this weekend.

SV Sugarer
02-22-2010, 11:45 PM
Just getting in after boiling tonight. Made our first syrup of the seaon - some great tasting light amber. Sap ran good today (yesterday now)- collected another 130 gallons off of the 190 taps I have in. I'll try to get in a few more taps this week before the next good run. Good luck this season.

Dave

maple-bubba
03-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Got my taps out this past weekend.
Hasn't really flowed yet. Today it should maybe 1st boil Thurs am. Gotta work a 24 at the fire house tommrow. Really looks good this weekend.

Bubba: