PDA

View Full Version : City slicker maple

maple sapper
02-21-2010, 06:00 PM
I put about half my taps mostly the sugars which were running. The reds im experimenting with starting those in a week or so. Most the reds I tapped were not running strong. So I think waiting will pay off for those. It may end up that when the others are drying up the reds may still go strong yeilding into the end. My first take home was 106 gals of sap and the second was 50. The 50 isnt bad for not a very cold night and windy conditions.

KenWP
02-21-2010, 06:25 PM
I asked this guestion in another thread once. How big is Nashua anyways. Reason I ask I have a freind lives there but have never had time to visit him. He has relatives up this way at Derby Line.

maple sapper
02-21-2010, 09:08 PM
Sorry Ken, for no reply. You must know how it is when things get up and running.
Nashua is a city with a population of about 175k. Not a big city in relation to boston or surounding towns of it. Its a city with alittle bit of country still left to it. I tap mostly in the Merrimack, a town north of Nashua. There is another family in Nashua that sugars that I know of. I am not sure if they are on the trader or not. The nice thing about being in Nashua is you have another state in 5 mins, ocean in 50 mins, another country in 3 hrs, mountains in 2 hrs, and you have a major city (Boston) in 45 mins or if your really energetic you can hit all the new england states in one day.

Does your buddy here in Nashua have any maples? Thought Id ask.
Gregg

KenWP
02-21-2010, 10:00 PM
He has a couple but he dosn't know waht kind they are. I know him because he makes black powder guns and he sneaks parts across the border for me for handguns.