PDA

View Full Version : Sap Bucket Covers

wnybassman
02-21-2010, 01:21 PM
I am looking for 15 sap bucket covers that fit the normal 12" high by 9" mouth aluminum sap buckets. The ones I have I bought through Waterloo-Small years ago. I am hoping to find similar ones to keep everything the same. I spent an hour or more searching on the net, but can't seem to find anything. The covers are galvanized steel. Thanks for any help!

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s163/wnybassman/maple/buckets.jpg

stoweski
02-21-2010, 03:09 PM
I needed the same covers for my aluminum buckets. I believe the buckets hold a bit over 1.5 gallons each.

I went to Bascoms a few weeks ago and found some "used" lids out in their used equipment building that fit the buckets perfectly. They are galvanized. Think they were $1.25 each.

Not sure how you could get them but if you go they were in a steel 55 gallon drum just in front of the section with used buckets. The rusted ones (used?) were on top but if you dig to the bottom you'll find a ton of new lids.

I could use a dozen more myself but I don't plan on going there. Anyone headed to Bascoms passing through the Albany area? :)

wnybassman
03-01-2010, 07:17 PM
I just ended up making my own. I replicated the bends as best as I could with our aluminum trim brake and a few scrap pieces of coil stock. Not as hardy as the galvanized ones, but the materials were free and it only took an hour and a half to make 17 covers. :)

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s163/wnybassman/maple/rooftops.jpg

KenWP
03-01-2010, 09:39 PM
For the life of me I can't figure out what keeps those kind of lids on the buckets. The flat lids have the wire you thread through but what do these use.

wnybassman
03-01-2010, 10:13 PM
For the life of me I can't figure out what keeps those kind of lids on the buckets. The flat lids have the wire you thread through but what do these use.

You have to spread them a bit to get them on the bucket. So just the springyness keeps them on. I have had buckets blow off a tree before and the tops stayed on.

Haynes Forest Products
03-02-2010, 01:39 AM
I have the same type up in the atic they work fine and you can dump with them in place:)

wnybassman
12-29-2015, 04:51 PM
Bringing back a pretty old thread I started way back when. Looking for about 30-35 more of these roof top lids again, and still, nobody seems to carry them. Anybody somewhat local to me have any? I'll make some more if I have to, but would rather drive somewhere close by and pick them up.

jimsudz
12-29-2015, 05:53 PM
Noel, I have quite a few and will part with some. let me know when you want to stop by.