PDA

View Full Version : Tapped in southern NH

Backyardboy
02-21-2010, 09:19 AM
Tapped a week ago today. Sap flow isn't great yet. First boil today with about 120 gallons of sap from about 100 taps.

Stickey
02-21-2010, 08:06 PM
Is this the guy with the new filter press? I have been welding on my project evaporator all weekend, so I haven't tapped yet. Looks like a cool down in the forecast. We'll see ya around.
Stickey

Moshers Maples
02-25-2010, 06:18 AM
No Stickey, I wasn't very creative with my name. I have about 115 taps in now, I might be getting evicted from the 40 tap epping bush, looks like they changed there mind. I haven't packed up yet, they said I could fill my stock tank 2 times then I had to go. More to come on that, stop by if you see steam, I'll be cooking Friday after lunch.

Stickey
02-25-2010, 06:52 AM
There he is! That's a bummer, about Epping. Is the tubing in their way?
I'm going to tap this weekend, I wont have my arch ready till next weekend. I might stop by to see how you ended up hooking up the tubing. Who's the other guy in Nottingham? I saw some tubing hung on Gile rd? Thought it was Bascomes but their buckets aren't out in the neighborhood yet.

Backyardboy
03-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Boiling today. Only have about 130 gallons of sap. Been very slow and the storm didn't help last week.