PDA

View Full Version : Tapped out in Altamont

stoweski
02-19-2010, 05:33 PM
How cool! First time tapping and it was fun as heck... and addicting. We just returned from a week of vacation and I was going to wait until tomorrow. It was so warm out that I decided to hang 10 buckets. After those ten I decided to hang ten more. Once those were up I went in, grabbed 30 more buckets and hung all of those too. Still have 40 more if I want to hang them but with only a 1/2 pint I'm not so sure I want to boil that long!

If the whole process is as addicting as hanging 50 buckets I'm in trouble! We used a plastic toboggan to haul the buckets & lids around. Now it's time to build a sled to pull with my tractor.

Even my Fiance enjoyed herself. We'll see if she stays interested when it comes time to empty the buckets!

Keith

ebourassa
02-19-2010, 09:01 PM
if you got that excited about hanging buckets, just wait til you start boiling, you will be saying look at that steam pouring off the pan , then getting excited about how hard the sap is boiling, then your in trouble, the maple bug has got another victim, the maple bug is funny thing there is no cure and it will eat all the money in your wallet lol!!!!!!! have a great season and enjoy.
Erik