PDA

View Full Version : homemade flue ideas

BiddulphMaple
02-18-2010, 06:10 PM
i had a couple ideas for a homemade flue pan, just wanted to see what other peoples views were. The first one (mentioned on the site before) is to cut holes in the bottom of a flat pan at the front and back and weld a stainless pipe under the pan with a 90 on each end, creating a sort of flue. the other idea was to make a flat pan that sat down into the arch, similar to the way a dropped flue pan does, and cut holes in the end faces of the pan and weld pipes inbetween these holes, creating a channel for the hot gasses to pass through and giving the pan more surface area. Any thoughts?

Gary R
02-18-2010, 06:26 PM
That type is already being made and sold by WF Mason. A member of this site.

BiddulphMaple
02-18-2010, 06:31 PM
which type does he make?

KenWP
02-18-2010, 06:32 PM
Try this thread we beat this one to death for months.
http://mapletrader.com/community/showthread.php?t=6647&highlight=adding+fins+to+a+pan

Gary R
02-18-2010, 06:47 PM
It is called a drop tube evaporator. It has the tubes running front to back carrying flue gases. I know a guy who has one. He likes it, although he's moving up to a 2X6 for next year. You'll figue out that expansion thing:)

BiddulphMaple
02-18-2010, 07:06 PM
ya i know what you mean, the wheels are turning already for next year...i see alot of welding in my future summer months...thanks for the help