PDA

View Full Version : maple peanutbutter

7810hunting
02-16-2010, 03:32 PM
I saw a maple producer selling a maple syrup mixed with peanutbutter in a plastic container like a ketchup bottle it was used for pouring on ice cream and such. Does anyone have a recipe for it?

802maple
02-16-2010, 04:23 PM
I use 2 ingredients peanut butter and syrup.LOL Usually dark amber and add syrup and mixing it in until it gets to the texture you like it. If it isn't thin enough add more syrup. Too thin add more peanut butter

3rdgen.maple
02-16-2010, 05:39 PM
Made it many times 7810. What I do is bring the syrup up to a lazy boil and add peanut butter. It needs to be heated to melt the peanut butter so it will blend better. I make it to taste and use no specific amounts. What I can tell you is it will be alot thinner until it hits the fridge and thickens up so you want to make it thin. I have made some thicker in the past and if you stick it in the microwave for a few second It works out good. Beware though once you get a taste of it on your ice cream you can use up alot of syrup in a hurry. I also put it on toast sometimes. Oh if you boil it to much it makes a really good maple candy as well. You also can use chocolate chips for a chocolate syrup. Butterscotch chips are good too. I suddenly have a craving for ice cream:D

Sugarmaker
02-16-2010, 07:24 PM
Second year making maple peanut butter. We use equal amounts of good tasting syrup and peanut butter. I like the consistency better when mixed at room temp. I tried heating the syrup but did not like the final results as well.
Folks seem to like this product a lot.
This is the type of value added product that is pretty fail safe to make too.
Regards,
Chris

valleyman
02-17-2010, 09:08 AM
Sound real good.
How do you pack it to be "safe" for customers?

Sugarmaker
02-17-2010, 11:04 AM
We have packed in new small glass 8 oz jelly jars and new lids. With a note to referigerate.
Man I hope those are food safe.

Chris

valleyman
02-17-2010, 11:20 AM
Hey Chris, (sugarmaker)
If you're on your 2nd season it's probably safe what you're doing.

Thanks. I'll give a try.