PDA

View Full Version : poor mans tube cleaning idea needed

steve J
02-24-2005, 03:33 PM
I hung my tubeing new last fall so no sap had ever flowed through it. I have no line with more then 15 taps on it and the longest one might be 125 ft or so. all the lines are on a fairly steep hillside. It is strictly gravity feed. My question is since my runs are fairly short is it possible to use a 2 gallon pressure sprayer ( like used to spray apple trees with) and go to head of line and pump water through the lines to clean them. If not are they any poor man solutions out there lol. There are only 3 lines to be done.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
02-24-2005, 04:30 PM
Steve,

That is what I used to do and it worked good for me. Go for it, with the good gravity flow, you shouldn't have much staying in your lines anyway. I would recommend going to every tap and flushing each one with an ounce or two of whatever you are using! :D

Good idea! :idea:

Maple Flats
04-06-2005, 11:33 AM
See the post under homemade maple equip for a manifold. If you used a pump to collect the sap from tanks you might be able to use that idea. My budget is very low and it works great but you need a few items to do it, ie pump, compressor and tank for clean water. The rest is minimal. 8)