PDA

View Full Version : Tapping in Ansonia as of yesterday

valleyman
02-15-2010, 07:37 PM
I cant get over how well some of the trees are flowing. I came home from work tonight and got another 10-12 gallons.:D

I still have a bunch more to tap but I just dont have the time. This is only my 2nd season but last year I started at the end of February and if I can compare, this season is off to a way better start.

I hope all you other CT tappers take advantage of this week.

Hurricanefarm
02-15-2010, 07:40 PM
Nice work! Should be great weather for a while!

valleyman
02-15-2010, 07:48 PM
You as stoked as I am? Cant wait to get the fire ripping. I took a couple of 30 sec videos with my phone tonight (in the dark) to show my family just how fast the taps were dripping and they're looking at me like I'm nuts cause I'm excited over sap dripping. Thank god I can share this with other fanatical people on mapletrader who can appreciate the drip like I can.:lol:

markct
02-15-2010, 07:53 PM
yea it was running good up here too, i tapped late in the afternoon about 4 pm and it was trickling into the tank pretty steady from my 88 taps on that line, gota do the rest in the next day or two depending on what this snowstorm does. im realy tempted to go out there and see how much more flowed in, yea i know its 9 pm but hey i am an admitted mapleholic!

Tanta K
02-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Can I tap between snowflakes do you know? I only have help in the a.m. so I might have to wait until Wednesday afternoon if we have to plow and shovel the park first. Either way...it will get done!

www.brooksvale.org

markct
02-16-2010, 05:55 PM
sure hope its ok to do, i put in another 156 today in the heavy falling snow!

Farmboy
02-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Im right on the MA CT line. I started tapping this afternoon. The tapps were running good when i started but by the time I was finished for the day it wasnt running. Ill finish tapping tomorrow.