PDA

View Full Version : Union County

Turtlecreek
02-15-2010, 06:29 PM
I started tapping tonight! It got too dark so I stopped. I loaded up the snowmobile and cat cutter and away I went. Had to used snow shoes to make lif a bit easier. I used a gas powered drill I got for nothing and wow is that awsome!! Hopefully I'll finish up tommrow when I can see to work and hopefully it will quit snowing by then.

Paddymountain
02-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Started tapping this evening, only put out about 20 buckets. I have everthing ready, want to have all taps in by Saturday. looks like about 140
total. Most will be on big roadside sugars. hopefully the weather will
soon cooperate!!!

Paddymountain
02-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Put out 67 more taps today,although sap wasn't running the weather looks promising for Friday and Saturday!! I have about 30 more buckets
to put out and that's about it. The neighbor has about 30 to put out
and he is going to bring his sap to me to boil. looking for the BIG SAP
WARNING to soon be aired!!!

Turtlecreek
02-19-2010, 05:08 AM
Sap ran yesterday a bit slow but it still ran. I tapper a few more trees I forgot that I had some buckets from Dan W stashed away in the garage so I had to tap more. I have some guys at work that are going to tap se yard trees for me tonight in Muncy. I just need to tap 11 more trees and I'll be out of taps that would bring me close to 50 taps I think, I lost count!!

Turtlecreek
02-28-2010, 11:36 AM
a quick post here. I am boiling today and just made my first draw off, that was a bit stressfull but I got through it. The sap ran here last night sometime between 4:00 and now, so after my next draw off I'm heading up to collect between fireings. I think my first draw was somewhere between a pint and a quart, man things move fast I have to remember to be more on my toes the next time around and maybe catch it sooner and allow it to just trickle in.