PDA

View Full Version : maple syrup suppliers in so NH or northern MA

morningstarfarm
02-14-2010, 09:28 PM
OK so my son dropped my hydrometer this evning..planning to start firing up the evap Weds...does anyone know if there is a place to get one in southern NH / Northern Ma / or southern Me? I dont have the time to run to bascoms before then..

Stickey
02-15-2010, 12:13 AM
Bascom's ships, quickly too. I got one in Loudon NH last year, right across the road from the racetrack.

SeanD
02-15-2010, 06:52 AM
Go to the Maple Guys in Lyndeborough, NH. Not as far as Bascoms and they have a new showroom, too. If you time it right, maybe you'll be there when he has the Hurricane Force 5 going full blast. That thing is HUGE.

You can also order through their website and get it in two days via UPS.

Sean

The Butcher
02-15-2010, 07:35 AM
I agree. I have used both and both are good people.

red maples
02-15-2010, 07:54 AM
chris... order from bascoms or maple guys they will have it to you the next day!!!!

maybe order 2 :lol:

Dill
02-15-2010, 09:41 AM
Its Sunnyside maples in Loudon. Good people to deal with. Or do a shipped order from the Maple guys or Bascoms.
Order 2 hydros, you want to have a spare, they have a habit of breaking when you need them.

maple flats
02-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Yes, a spare or 2 is a good thing. I have 3, if I drop one, I order another. I also have a refractometer. When you get the new hydrometers, take each and mark the exact position of the indicator paper on it's box for future reference. If it ever gets dropped into a hydromer cup, check to be sure the paper is still in the proper place and has not slid down. They should never be dropped into the cup but it does happen. A hydrometer with the paper slid down is useless. With the reference mark on it's box you can gently tap it the other way and re align it. If you ever tap to move, use a piece of wood and go gently.

Farmboy
02-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Go to red bucket sugar shack in worthington mass. They just got a shipment of more stuff including hydrometers on saturday. They are great people to buy from. There # is 413-238-7710