PDA

View Full Version : Soule Hookless Spouts

valleyman
02-14-2010, 05:40 PM
I bought some Soule hookless spouts and I'm not terribly happy about how they seat. The seem to want to leak around the hole. I drilled the holes true and clean (at least I think). Maybe I need to send them home a little deeper. :mad:

I also set out the "traditional" stainless spouts and the work perfectly for me.:) Any thoughts?

smitty76
02-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Stick with what works for yah. Every one has their own opinion and experience. I have no experience with them and can offer no help other than stick with what works.

Fred Henderson
02-14-2010, 06:11 PM
I use a few(300) of the 5/16 Alu hookless and love them. You may not be seating them enough.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
02-14-2010, 07:50 PM
I agree with Fred if they are leaking, your hole is likely not round, you are not seating them deep enough, or you are seating them too deep and have some tiny cracks in the bark hardly big enough to see, but enough to cause them to leak even if you are not "splitting the tree" which causes a very noticeable crack.

valleyman
02-15-2010, 08:20 AM
Brandon,
I didnt think about the bark. That could be an issue. I'll double check if they're seated correctly as well.
Thanks