PDA

View Full Version : storage tank ideas

The Butcher
02-14-2010, 04:14 PM
I am looking for some used restaurant 20-55 gallon containers that I can use for storage. I just need some ideas of where might have these and be looking to get rid of them for cheap or free..

I have done lots of reading of this section and have seen people using everything from sushi seasoning to soda. I would like something as mild as possible. I just don't know where would have them?

Thanks for the help!!

KenWP
02-14-2010, 05:03 PM
Welcome to the exclusive trying to find sap storage containers club. I hunt a lot for such things also. Found a few different sorces such as dairy farms and resturants that get oil and such in big containers. One source was the drums cutting line lube in meat plants comes in. We have a place in town that sells recycled plastic drums but when I asked about history on them I got virtually nothing as a reply except that they cleaned them and figured they were safe for water. DUH
Has to be sources around but where I have no idea but keep looking and looking.

Stickey
02-14-2010, 05:15 PM
Butcher, there's a guy on route 4 in Northwood, $12 a piece, just picked up a few myself. Do a search, we have mentioned him a few times. Good luck, don't take them all, I need a few more.

The Butcher
02-14-2010, 07:34 PM
Found him..Thanks!

3rdgen.maple
02-14-2010, 10:18 PM
Butcher Bascoms sells their used 55 gallon plastic syrup drums for 20 bucks a pop. No worries about what was in them and how to get the smell of what ever was in them out. Always wondered why guys buy trash cans when you can get syrup drums for the about the same price and there is no question to the never ending battle of the food grade debate.