PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic Blanket

SeanD
02-11-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm getting 25 feet of 1" ceramic blanket. I'll have a bunch extra. Can I use it for rail and pan gasket or should I buy the actual stuff called pan and rail gasket?

When I reconfigure my arch next season, can it be taken out and reused or will it break down and fall apart after it's gotten some use?

Thanks,
Sean

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
02-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Yes, you can work it and it works great. Same thing between the pans and on the arch also unless you use the woven rail gasket.

SeanD
02-11-2010, 08:30 PM
Excellent. Every little bit saved on this hobby helps. I'm taking a bath on the shipping of this stuff. If it's dual purpose, it takes a little bit of the sting out.

Thanks for the quick response, Brandon!

Sean

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
02-11-2010, 08:31 PM
I used it for several years for rail gasket. I bought a box about 6 years ago and have about 1/2 of it left. Sure is great for a lot of things!

Haynes Forest Products
02-11-2010, 08:44 PM
I have removed and reinstalled it and its fine to reuse. It stays nice and plyable after high heat.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
02-11-2010, 09:36 PM
My pan gasket between the 2 pans stays stuck to the flue pan every year, so it stays there and don't have to worry about putting it back in place when I put the evaporator back together.