PDA

View Full Version : Diaphragm Pump for sap

M & S
02-11-2010, 09:49 AM
Anyone ever used a diaphragm pump to push sap? I have a new john blue pump typically used to pump fertilizer. I need to pump from the bush to the road about 1000 feet through a 3/4 line. The specs on the pump are Max Flow-4.3gpm and Max PSI 290psi, the pump also has a pressure relief that will return to the bulk tank if the line to the road happens to freeze. I don't see why this pump shouldn't work unless someone can tell me different.

markct
02-11-2010, 02:17 PM
4.3 gpm sounds kinda slow to move much sap. thats almost and hour to pump 400 gal, but i guess it depends how much time you have on your hands, i know myself i dont like waiting the 10 minutes my pump takes to empty my 300 gal tank when the season is going full swing!

shane hickey
02-16-2010, 08:56 PM
If you a tubing system Put the pump at the lowest part of the woods hook it in your main line, it will have a little vacume, but it will push a mile easily, turn it on and let it run all day and shut it off at night. Be careful though people have stolen them before around our area chain then to a tree. I have 5 number 4 diagram pumps they work great.

hilltop maples
7400 taps
2 5x16 evaporators w/steem away