PDA

View Full Version : where t oget vermiculite in so NH

morningstarfarm
02-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Finally fired the new arch yesterday afternoon...boiled like a bugger....in the front half of the flu pan...I guess she needs a bit of tweaking...ordered a bigger blower and now I think I need to fill in a bunch of space under the drop flus with vermiculite...where can I get it in Southern NH/ Northern MA?
should I put the ceramic batting over it to keep it in the arch?
Thanks, Chris

SilverLeaf
02-08-2010, 09:22 PM
If there's a big box hardware store (i.e. Home Depot, Lowe's) near you they should have it, in big bags. It's probably in near the other home insulation, but off to the side (because they don't sell so much of that kind), so you'll likely have to ask someone who works there exactly where it is. I got mine at Menards (a common store in the Midwest) and I walked by it no fewer than 4 times without seeing it.....

SilverLeaf
02-08-2010, 09:25 PM
also, a trick I've heard for keeping it in the arch (disclaimer: haven't tried this myself yet so don't know if it works!) is, once you've got it in place, to sprinkle some concrete powder on the top and wet 'er down a bit. Supposed to form a nice little crust. Or at least enough of one to make sure the stuff doesn't blow around.

northwoods_forestry
02-09-2010, 05:23 AM
Agway stocks vermiculite/perlite in a couple of different sizes.

ejmaple
02-09-2010, 07:34 AM
find an inground pool builder like me, i am a builder and were located in westminster ma. you welcome to some. pm me if intrested.

morningstarfarm
02-09-2010, 08:19 AM
Found it at agway...suprisingly home depot didn't carry it..anyways, thanks for the info