PDA

View Full Version : All or nothing for Wet/Dry on vac??

sugarstone
02-08-2010, 06:55 AM
I am installing a wet/dry system in an older set-up. Previously 800 taps were vac'ed into a Bernard Double Releaser using traditional mainline set-up.
For this season, another 1500 or so will be vac'ed to this same station using the wet/dry. Should I hook up ALL the lateral mains into wet/dry?
If so, my releaser will have to be re-plumbed as there will be now one 1.25in. wet line and one 1.5in. dry line.
...me thinks yes....I'am about to order mainline Y connectors.

maplecrest
02-08-2010, 08:51 AM
plug the old holes in your releaser and drill and tap new holes for your new set up. i put a dry line in a alreadt set up woods adding a booster every 100 feet or main comming into the wet dry system. not a hard job to do

red maples
02-08-2010, 12:37 PM
So sap ladders decrease vacuum beacuse your no longer pulling air through the ladder just sap correct?

So if the ladder is the wet line then you run the dry with it and you won't decrease the vacuum farther out on that line right??

still learning all the concepts of vacuum!!

sapman
02-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Brad, do you mean run the dry line beyond the ladder? I believe if you do that, you'll have vacuum competing for the sap from two directions, rendering the ladder pretty ineffective. Not sure if that was your question or not.

Tim

red maples
02-08-2010, 07:33 PM
yep you answered it. thats what I ment. it made sence in my head but your right it wouldn't work.