PDA

View Full Version : low sap alarm for rear pan

markct
02-06-2010, 06:50 PM
heres a picture of a float valve i installed in my flue pan float box. it was only 11 bucks from mcmaster carr and is rated for 221 degrees temp as well as for potable water it is threaded to attach to 1/8 pipe thread so i used about a 6 inch nipple and made a collar that i tig welded to a tab and put a single screw thru the float box to fasten it in place, and a set screw on the collar to adjust the height. i wired it to a loud beeper so if my feed line freezes, float valve sticks, or head tank runs out cause i forgot to turn on the pump then it wont be a catastophe. i know the picture isnt the best but i will try to get a better one tommorow with it out of the float box

Big_Eddy
02-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Be interested in the vendor and the part number. Looking for exactly that.

stoweski
02-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Mark, do you have stock in McMaster Carr? :D

After viewing a few of your posts, including one in response to mine, I've bookmarked their site.

You getting a kickback from them on referrals???

3rdgen.maple
02-06-2010, 08:12 PM
We need details. I am thinking one in the head tank would be a bonus as well. Set it at the shutdown depth. Alarm goes off, time to quit firing and go to bed. A brand name,vendor,part number.

markct
02-06-2010, 08:21 PM
haha yea well i gota admit i order from them usualy a couple times a month,actualy sometimes couple times a week! even when its not sugaring stuff they are a great source for eveything from normal hardware and fasteners,plumbing fittings,steel, alum,brass stock whatever you want. even have bought some decent hand tools thru them. and surprisingly there prices on alot of plumbing fittings beat lowes even. and all kindsa hard to find stuff like hyd cyl rod stock, preheat treated steel that i used for making new pins for my backhoe, and almost all of it ships from stock that day! ican order at 6pm in the evening and have the package waiting on the porch when i get home from work at 3 the next day. thats more convenient to me than running to the hardware store to find out i need this but they only have that, or i need 4 but they only have 3 etc. but anyhow the part number for it is 50195k93 (www.mcmaster.com) and the stainless nipple came from there too, but you may need something different for your mounting. the switch can be changed from normaly open to normaly closed by removing the snap ring on the bottom and flipping the float over, it works magneticaly i believe.